Thursday 17 November 2011

flavour - iwe (tribute to MC Loph)

the lyrics has the igbo parts highlighted in text colors for those who dont understand igbo. thank you.

Iwe na ewe mu oo (x2ce)
I am angry (x2ce)

MC Loph nwa mama ooo, Mc Loph nwa mama ooo!
Ariri erigbuona mu oo, Mc Loph nwa mama oo  chai! (x2ce)
MC Loph child of his mother, MC Loph child of his mother ooo!
Regret is killing me ooo! MC Loph child of his mother oooo Chai! (2ice)

Ebere emegbuona mu onye muru Loph
Ebere emegubona mu mama Loph
Mama biko ebezinanu biko diwe
Mama biko ebezinanu biko ndo
Mama biko ebezinanu na Chukwu no nso
Okwa Chukwu wetalu na Chukwu ewelugo
Owelugo, owelugo, owelugo!
Na n’udo
am pitying d person dat gave birth to Loph
am pitying Loph's mother
Mama please dont cry again now, please endure
Mama please dont cry again now, please sorry
Mama please dont cry again for God is near
God brought and now he has taken
He has taken, he has taken, he has taken ooo!
Go in peace.

I ma na iwe na we mu o
Iwe iwe na ewe mu o
Iwe na ewe mu, Iwe na ewe mu ka Loph si nwuo.
I masikwana Loph bu ofu nwa nwoke. Loph na nwanne ya soro nawa village
Ka kponara mama ya nwunye ya
Ka bunara mama ya motor ofuru
Accident e me. Loph a nwuo, nwanne ya nwuo Iyo okoko!
Do you know that I am angry?
i am angry
i am angry, i am angry cos of d way loph died
Do you know that Loph was the only son?
Loph and his sister were going home to the village
to show his mother his wife/fiancee
to show his mother his new car
Accident happened, Loph died, his sister died 
Iyo okoko {exclamation}!

CHORUS
Loph a na
Iwe na ewe mu o
MC Lopha a na.
I mana iwe na ewe mu (repeat 6 times)
Loph is gone
i am angry
MC Loph is gone
Do you know that I am angry?? (repeat 6 times)


verse 2
Iwe na ewe mu. I remember the first time I enter Lagos
Aguda, Surulere ka mu si bido
Okwa si ibe Loph ka mu na laru
OP East side ezi oyi mu oo!
Ezi oyi mu ooo!!
Ezi oyi mu ooo!!
Ezi oyi mu olololo!!
i am so angry. I remember the first time I entered Lagos
Aguda, Surulere was where I started
No be for Loph house I de sleep
OP East side, my good friend
My good friend oo!!
My good friend oo!!
My good friend olololo!!

Iwe na ewe mu, I remember the time Loph enter Enugu
Okwa si ibe Flavour ka ona laru
Oruwe na abani anyi kpo oringo le
Onye masi Loph a si’m biko ndo
Okwa Chukwu wetalu na Chukwu ewelugo
Owelugo, owelugo, owelugo iyo okoko!!!
i am so angry, I remember when Loph enters Enugu
No be for Flavour house him dey sleep
Once it's night, we will throw a party
anybody who knows loph, I say please sorry
God brought and he has taken
He has taken, he has taken. Iyo okoko!!

REPEAT CHORUS (x2ce)

Nwokachi Inokwa ebe a?! MC Loph a na
MJ inokwa ebe a? Loph a na
Simisimi Inokwa ebe a. MC Loph a na
Nwokachi are you here? – MC Loph is gone
mj are you here? – MC Loph is gone
Simisimi are you here? MC Loph is gone

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like how u put the lyrics. i am not nigerian but very intrested in learning yoruba. i like. hope u upload more lyrics like this. Followin u! O se.

Iam_presH said...

thnx a lot gracie. I rily appreciate.

Anonymous said...

This isn't yoruba is igbo

Anonymous said...

C'est profond